Monday, January 25, 2016

Day in the Life--Winter 2016


Wow---I haven't captured a DITL since last spring!  I really need to caputre these days.  It's amazing how much has changed since last spring.  I love going back and reading how life was!

Okay, onto the good stuff. I documented two-partial days---that way I could catch a glimpse of our weekend and a work day!  Okay...let's be honest...I was procrastinating and completely forgot about this, until yesterday.  So here is a quick look at our Day in the Life- Winter 2016!

Sunday, January 24th

Brad and I slept in until about 8:30.  This weekend we attended the Minnesota Farm Bureau Leadership Conference in the Twin Cities.  We had an excellent time learning and networking with old and new friends.  By 9:30, we were showered, packed, and ready to head home.  We stopped at McDonalds for a quick breakfast because Brad was complaining his stomach hurt and he figured food would help.  By 10 AM, we were at Sam's Club to pick up a few items.  We found our 55 pound bag of dog food, large jars of salsa, and a big box of strawberries and were on our way home. 

Well, by the time we got to the car, Brad told me that I should drive.  Poor guy didn't feel well.  Turns out, it was a good thing, because he proceeded to vomit.  Luckily, I have a ton of plastic bags in my car!  So, good news, no mess; bad news, yuck...it's puke! Poor guy... I felt so bad for him.   So much for that $4.59 breakfast. 

We finally made it back home a little before noon.  Grandma and Grandpa watched Owen and our dog at our house while we were gone for the weekend.  I am so thankful for grandparents who are so involved in our little man's life! Grandma and Grandpa decided to take Owen to church on Sunday while we were still out. They pulled into the driveway just minutes after us.  I got the report from the weekend, and they mentioned that he was one of the best behaved little kids in church--they didn't even have to take him out.  Definitely a proud mom moment! 

Anyways, after we got settled back home, it was time for lunch around 12:30.  By this time, Brad was out of commission.  I banished him to the basement family room to hopefully prevent his illness from spreading.  Since his stomach was clearly not happy, he didn't join us for lunch.  Owen and I had leftover spaghetti--messy, but so delish!

After lunch, Owen and I spent an hour playing with a few of his tractors and farm toys.  He is a little farmer at heart!  However, he needs to improve his sharing skill.  He gets a little upset if you touch his favorite tractor (International 966 with manure spreader loaded with 3 cows, 1 bull, 1 baby calf, 1 sheep, and 1 dog). 

Tractors and Implements are ready for a Parade
Takes farming very seriously!
By 1:45, he was ready for a nap; let's face it, I was too!  I laid him down in his crib; it took him a few minutes to settle down, but by 2:00 he was finally asleep.  During his nap, I took advantage of the quite time.  I emptied the dirty clothes out of our suitcase, put dishes away, and looked at the mail that came on Saturday.  Finally, by 3 PM, I had enough domesticity and took a nap myself.  I woke up around 3:45 PM.  That nap was great!  Shortly after I woke up, Brad emerged from the basement; he was hungry.  So I made him a piece of toast.  Unfortunately, he didn't finish it.   Back to the basement he went. Poor guy. I have NEVER seen him this ill.  I googling his symptoms and come up with Norovirus, Influenza, Gastroenteritis, and more!  It's obviously some kind of stomach bug---just hope Owen and I don't get it!

Still waking up
At 4:45, Owen finally wakes up with a loud, "Mamma"!  I go to his room and get him up.  He is still a bit sleepy, so I bring him into the living room and we rock in the recliner.  He starts to beg for TV, apprently he's not enjoying Championship Sunday Football!  I really want to see the end of the Patriots vs. Bronco's game. I might not be as passionate about professional sports as some, but this is probably the last time Brady and Manning will play one another.  So history wins out!  I give Owen the iPad, and load Thomas the Train.  He loves watching "Tom".  Finally, the game is over, the Broncos won, but what an ending!  Owen is not done watching "Tom".  However, my iPad battery is getting low, and we need to FaceTime with my parents yet tonight.  I take the iPad away (the horror!!!) and charge it.  Owen is not pleased with my decision, so I turn on Netflix to Curious George (aka "George").  This appeases O; George for the win!

By 6:30, it's supper time.  I bring Owen into the kitchen.  Tonight, Owen and I had popcorn shrimp, mixed veggies, and pears.  O loves the pears and veggies.  He's not impressed with the popcorn shrimp!  Oh well.  We finish supper a bit before 7.  Owen notices the playdoh sitting on the counter---looks like it's Playdoh time!  I set him up on the counter and call Mom and Dad via FaceTime since little man is occupied.  He plays and talks with Mama and Poppa.  I also figured out that the paper towel holder makes and excellent iPad holder...feel free to thank me later!

Brad: Hibernation Mode
After we are done talking to Grandma and Grandpa, it's time to play again.  We play with the cows and tractors.  Next we switch to books.  Someone is finally getting tired.  By 8:20, it's getting close to bedtime.  I get Owen ready for bed.  We brush his teeth and get our jammies on.  We read one more book, Goodnight Tractor, and it's bedtime.  We say our prayers then I put O down for the night by 8:30.  After O's in bed, I start watching Downton Abbey.  I love this show and will miss it next season! At 9:15, I realized that I forgot to grab his dirty cloth diaper bag (they need to be washed tonight).  I crept into his room.  As I grabbed the bag, he sits up in bed says, "Momma".  I thought he was asleep and was quite surprised when he said hi.  I told him good night once again, and he laid back down. Brad woke up for a few minutes, and finally moves to his bed rather than the couch in the basement.  He's still feeling pretty crummy.  Hopefully, he's better tomorrow.  By 10:30, I'm in bed for the night.





Monday, January 25th

3:34 AM--Brad woke me up and told me this stomach bug isn't gone yet.  He puked once again.
 
I wake up around 7:15.  I know my alarm went off earlier, but I ignored it.  By 7:30, I'm kicking my butt in gear and am in the shower.  I'm finished getting ready for the day by 8:00.  Owen is still sleeping.  I start to wake him up around 8:10--he clearly didn't want to wake up.  I know, buddy, mornings aren't my thing either.  Finally, he's up. We have yogurt because we are out of eggs.  Looks like I need to go grocery shopping later today.  Finally, by 8:40, we are out the door and at Grandma's for Daycare.
Just let me sleep, Ma!
A MN Morning
Good Morning, Sunshine!



Today, I spent my work day as an office day.  The weather is a bit crummy and I don't have any appointments lined up today.  Oh well, I have a deadline to critique a new app for our salespeople and customers.  All of our suggestions need to be in by the end of the week, so I figure this is the perfect time to get this project done.  Brad wakes up around 9:30 (SUPER unusual for a dairy farmer!) and is still ill.  He spends the rest of the day lazing around in bed. 

By 4:45, I pick up Owen.  We head to the grocery store to pick up eggs and milk.  He's a good little shopper!




No comments:

Post a Comment