Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Day in the Life-Spring 2015

Unfortunately, this is going to be a pretty brief post--that's problem with trying to capture a work day.  Oh well, live and learn!

Tuesday, April 14, 2015
I wake up around 6:45.  Owen is still sleeping (score!) meaning I can actually enjoy a shower and get ready for the day without a toddler underfoot. 

By 7:15, I'm ready for work.  I hear Owen is starting to wake up.  Poor guy has caught my spring-time cold and is a boogery mess.  I wipe his nose, much to his displeasure.  However, he is happy to see his momma (likewise, his momma is happy to see him).  After a quick nursing session, it's time for breakfast.  On the menu this morning: yogurt and Cheerios.  He's all about being Mr. Independent and must have a spoon.  He just started using a spoon about 2 weeks ago, and surprising, he's not too messy.  It's amazing how fast he is learning and growing!!!

Yum, Cheerios!
After breakfast, he plays with his buddy Rylee.  Rylee isn't too impressed and would rather be sleeping.  She is such a good dog and is extremely patient with him. 

By 8:20, we are at Grandma's for daycare.  Owen is a bit clingy this morning.  So I wait around until he's distracted.  After a few minutes, I'm out the door and on the road.  Today, I'm cold calling at a few large farms.  Hope it's a good day!
Off to Grandma's!
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to work I go

After 250 miles, I'm back home.  It was a pretty worthwhile trip.  I made some good leads.  However, a few of the people I wanted to talk to were already in the field hauling manure.  In the next few days/weeks planting will begin.  That means: SPRING IS HERE!!!  It might be a slow 2-3 weeks for me with work, but I love this time of year.

After finishing up some computer work and responding to emails while I was on the road, at 4:30, I decide to go pick up Owen a bit earlier than normal because it is SO NICE!  Hello 70's.  It's nice to see you again.  Hope you're here to stay! I was going to walk and pick him up in the stroller, but the walk home would be brutal--way too windy. So instead, I drive over.  O had a pretty good day.  He had an hour long nap.  Before we left Grandma's, we stopped to say bye-bye to her puppy and play on the little slide/climber.  Owen is definitely an outdoor kid.  He loves it!  Finally, we are on our way home. Once home, we walked around our yard and played outside. Owen collected quite a few rocks from our landscaping and decided to relocate them to a nice pile in front of the garage. He was having quite a blast!


Brad was working late (day 1 of the planting season; oats and alfalfa went in). So, Owen and I had left over Beef and Broccoli for supper.  By 8:00 PM, Owen was getting sleepy.  I'm guessing he was exhausted from all the time outside. By 8:30, O had nursed, was in his jammies and basically passed out.  Peace and quiet.  Brad came home shortly after 8:30--just missed the little man.  I heated up some leftovers for Brad and went to relax on the couch.  Next thing I know, it's 10:00--time for bed.  It's been a good day!




No comments:

Post a Comment